Basil Pesto with Texas Olive Ranch
Summer is a great time to make and freeze Basil Pesto. For the best flavor use the highest quality ingredients. Made in the Lone Star State, Texas Olive Ranch's oils are the perfect choice for Basil Pesto!
Follow me on Instagram susanappleinc
- 3-4 cups basil leaves, washed and removed from the stem
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley
- 3/4 cup Texas Olive Ranch's olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, roasted
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
In a food processor, puree the basil, parsley, oil, and garlic.
Add the nuts and Parmesan cheese. Process briefly.
Salt and pepper to taste; process briefly until the pesto reaches the desired consistency.
Pour into ice cube trays. Cover with plastic wrap. Freeze until firm. Remove from trays, add to Ziplock® bags, and store in the freezer until ready to use.
Best if used in 6 to 8 months.
Enjoy with pasta, sandwiches, soups and sauces.
*Great substitute for mayonnaise on sandwiches!