Baby Chicks are one of my favorite things. Growing up in Louisiana, we always had a coop full of chickens and they were so much fun to raise. That’s the reason that I still enjoy raising chickens.
Baby chicks are amazing and will improve your life because:
- From day 1, raising chickens is SO EASY.
- You will pay little-to-nothing for vet bills because chickens are super low maintenance.
- Chickens can be surprisingly self-sufficient if you let them free range because of their natural instinct to spend every waking hour of the day pecking around your backyard, happily eating all those pesky bugs that are bad for your garden. Not to brag, but my chickens are absolutely obsessed with eating cockroaches.
- You will never have to worry about them pooping in your house(unless you invite them into your house).
- They even give back to your home by laying fresh(SUPER healthy, beautifully colorful) eggs every couple of days.
- Baby Chicks will bring your family so much JOY! If you don’t believe me, I dare you to try it!
Watch my daughter and I welcome our new baby chicks!
Facebook LIVE is a super fun way for my daughter and I to spend some time together and create memories that will last. We usually make cooking videos in our kitchen, but today we decided to introduce our new set of 6 baby chicks to everybody on Facebook! We can’t decide what to name them…
Baby Chick Pictures: Day 4
We picked these chicks up from an amazing farm and breeder down in Burleson, TX. Todd, the owner of the farm is so incredibly knowledgeable about all the livestock breeds he sells: Silkie chickens, Netherland Dwarf rabbits, Pygmy goats, and beautiful Golden Pheasants. Dunham Farms has been selectively breeding, showing, and selling each of these breeds for over 30 years… We can’t wait to see how beautiful our new baby chicks grow up to be!